Widgets can be displayed in different styles with additional icons and badges. The /layouts/module.php takes care of displaying all these module variations. In general you can say that all widgets can have a style, an icon and a badge.
To apply these variations to a widget, go to the Widget Options of your theme in the WordPress administration. After choosing a widget simply select the style, the icon and the badge in the dropdown boxes and click on Save.
- title: Defines whether to show the widget title or not.
- style: Defines the widget appearance.
- icon: Adds an icon to the title of your widget.
- badge: Adds a badge to your widget, usually in the top right corner.
- display: Defines on which page the widget should be displayed or not.
The available values for the module parameters vary depending on which theme you are using. Check out the Module Variations page of your theme to find out which values are available.